Thursday, October 30, 2008

1800 Aisle

We're home and another Quilt Market is now behind us. If you want to see the "set up" process, head on over to Anne's site. I didn't take any pictures then because...I was working!!! ;-) Anyway, first I thought I'd take you on a tour of our aisle. We were surrounded by a group of wonderfully talented ladies. I'll start with the Bunny Hill booth and work up the aisle. That's Anne on the left and me on the right. Right across from us was the Henry Glass booth and this was the section featuring Anne's new fabric line, Chelsea Manor.
Next door to us was Debbie Hobbs of Ta Dah Quilt Designs. She's a new designer with Henry Glass and such a nice addition to their team. If I gained any weight at Market, it's Debbie's fault. She kept giving us chocolate!!! We had fun with her.

The next booth belonged to Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup fame. Here she is with her delightful husband, Mark. Barbara is also a new designer with Henry Glass. She has a really pretty new fabric line coming out soon.

Next to Barbara was Lynette Anderson and her adorable son Eddie. Lynette is from Australia and after listening to her speak with that neat accent, I wanted to stow away in her suitcase, live in Australia, and see if I could start talking like she does. (hey, I can dream, can't I?) Her stitchery projects are so cute. She has TWO fabric lines coming out soon.

Then, of course, you all know Pam and Janet from The Buggy Barn. They just kill us when they show up about an hour before set up ends and are gone 15 minutes after the show ends. I think they have the right idea!


Proceeding up the aisle was Leanne Anderson of The Whole Country Caboodle and her sweet mom, Jan Hinrichs. Leanne told us that she was a scientist in her former life. Wow... that's one smart lady.

Good friend, Brenda Riddle of Acorn Quilt and Gift Co was also in the 1800 aisle. Check out that smile....it would make anyone want to come in her booth and buy her patterns.


Like this one. I love this dress quilt. Emma might need me to make her one.

Right across from Brenda was Mary Cowan of Mary's Cottage Quilts. She is so darn sweet! That's Mary on the left and her friend, Valerie, on the right. The quilt behind Mary was done in Civil War fabrics and really knocked my socks off.

And, last but certainly not least, was Primitive Gatherings. I wanted to crawl in there and sleep at night, but...no such luck. I just love everything Lisa does.

Another view.

This quilt was soooooooo tiny. Maybe 8" x 12". I may be off an inch or two, but not much more. Can you imagine making all those half square triangles? Yikes!

So, even though I didn't get to see alot of the booths throughout the convention center, I passed these every day and saw some wonderful eye candy. More later!

19 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What wonderful displays! It must have been so much fun!

basketsnprims said...

I am in awe of all of those beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Pam

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Anne,

It sounds like you had alot of fun, in between all the work....
I really like seeing all the booths on your aisle, some of my favorites too. Yes!! Your Emma needs on of those cute dress quilts. It is as cute as she is!!!

Candace said...

Welcome back, Anne! How fortunate to be in close company with so many wonderful designers - I'm with you - I'd sleep/live/eat in the Primitive Gardens booth any day - and of course Bunny Hill's as well! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful, if busy, time! Cheers!

julia said...

Hi Anne,
aaaww...thank you so much for showing the pictures of your aisle...it's so nice at least to see the booths & smiling faces of their owners through the web ;o).
Oh, by the way...Lynette Anderson O'Rourke grew up in England, hence the accent I assume...just don't want you to be disappointed when arriving in Australia ;o). Didn't know she'll soon have two fabric lines...
Cheers, Julia

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hi Anne!!! It was so very nice to meet you finally!!! Wish we would have had more time to hang out on Sat. night.
Hugs!!!!

PamKittyMorning said...

Great photos!!! LOOK YOU'RE BLOGGING!

Lorraine said...

thanks for sharing....and I see "my" quilt hanging in the Primitive Gathering's booth.....I am doing a BOM with Little Quilts and just got the first "instalment" last Friday....!! Of course I haven't started it yet! LOL

Carol said...

OMG! What a wonderful, wonderful aisle!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks for showing us what you were lucky enough to see, I would have loved to have been there! My favorites were the dress quilt that would make any little girl happy and all the prim ones!
Rondell

Karen said...

You had some great company around you and of course your absolute favorite - Primitive Gatherings - how convenient was that, LOL. Yes I think Ms Emma needs that dress quilt :)

Hugs - Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh what gorgeous quilts, eye candy! I love that pink one behind Barbara Jones, but I love them all too. Looks so fun to be there.

Darlene said...

Wonderful, wonderful pictures of the booths of so many talented people. Thank you for sharing, Ann.

You're set for no reply so I couldn't repond to your comment about visiting with my friends of Me and My Sister Designs. Thank you for sharing with me how they feel about me. :-)

Anonymous said...

Loved your tour of the neighborhood, Anne! I love seeing/knowing who's neighbors with who, and looks like you and Anne had some great neighbors!

I so get that about the Aussies. My wonderful daughter in-law is an Aussie, and her accent is intoxicating (as is she). Wish I could live there too! Last summer when my son and DIL were visiting we all went to a Cal game. Before I knew/realized what I was doing... I was rooting for the Bears with Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... oi, oi, oi!

Anonymous said...

Plenty of eye candy....thanks so much for sharing!!

MARCIE said...

Great pics Anne! I get charged up just looking at them. Bunny Hill booth is so adorable! And I am glad to see a photo of YOU!

little acorns said...

Hi Anne! It was so good to get to see you at Market. . . & to be just down the isle from you! You got some great photos! Have fun 'drowning' yourself in wool! :-)
xo, Bren

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your market photos. I missed seeing you - guess I will have to wait until Spring.

Kim said...

I am green with envy! That looks like such a fun time...even though lots of work! It's fun work!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!