Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sleepless...oops, I mean Easter in Seattle

We went to Seattle for Easter and got to have some time to ourselves with our little missy Emma while her Mommy and Daddy were at work. Took her to the park to play. At one point we were the only ones there because it was so cold and rainy. Emma never seemed to notice even though her hands were freezing when I held them. No complaints from her though.Her comment about the merry go round was..."not faster". (earlier she had seen the bigger kids yelling "faster, faster").
Papa taught her how to sift the sand and she loved it. Looks like she'll be the baker in the family.

The Easter bunny brought her all sorts of fun things. And yes...Strawberry Shortcake is still around!.


He even brought her a new tea set.



After she had opened all her Easter gifts, we all headed over to the Hood Canal (between Seattle and the Olympic Mtns) to visit college friends of ours (Tom and Lindy) who were at their beach house. It's a beautiful, relaxing setting, with no cell phone or internet service and no TV. Ahhh, heaven!

The view looking northward on the canal.

The Easter bunny left eggs there and Emma was very successful in finding them. She had so many in her basket that she had to help her friend Kayden find some because Kayden would open each one she found and eat the jelly bean before proceeding on to find more. It was really cute.

Kayden and Emma playing chopsticks.

And trying to open up the clams.

Have you ever seen a purple starfish? Wonder if the environment played a part in the color. It got thrown back into the water but we all oo'd and ah'd over it.

Here are the little girls showing the babies in their tummies...just like their mommys. Emma's mommy is on the left and baby brother is cooking nicely in her tummy. Kayden's mommy is due the first of June. (Sorry Heidi, I didn't mean to cut off your head).


On Monday we took a day trip up to Port Angeles, WA. with Tom and Lindy.
It's a seaport town with a Victorian past. Loved the architecture. This is the courthouse, built in 1862. (I hope I got that right). Well, I got the date right, but I got the town wrong. We were actually in Port Townsend.So sorry to all you Port Townsendites! Thanks to KSedlak for pointing that out to me!

A bed and breakfast. Can't remember the name.
The old lighthouse.

Private residence.

Neat building downtown. A very cute town with lots of shops and restaurants. It was pouring rain, so we weren't able to stay outside as much as we would have liked to.

I'm so far behind on my blog reading that I hope you understand if you haven't heard from me lately.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Pat said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Emma is beautiful. I am sure she looks just like her grandma!!

Darlene said...

Emma is adorable! A wonderful visit with family and friends!

Crispy said...

Thanks for the tour of some of my favorite places Anne. When I was a kid, we would go up to Hood Canal on Sunday drives.

Emma is as cute as a button :0)

Crispy

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Your trip sounds wonderful Anne, cute Easter pictures. I spent time in PA as a child, nice to see it through adult eyes too.

Candace said...

Anne - what a wonderful trip! Miss Emma is such a cutie! I love the photos of mommy's and girls showing their tummies - too precious! Did you find any quilt shops in PA?
Cheers!

Sipiweske Quilts said...

Your Easter getaway looked like tonnes of fun! Love the baby-bellies. - Marlene

Jodi Nelson said...

Awesome post! You know I don't think I've ever been to Port Angeles. Must go now! ooxx`jod

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! Someday, my turn will come for a sweet little grand daughter..... I keep hoping for one anyway.

Karen said...

Your little Emma is adorable and looks like she's the apple of your eye.
The pictures of the Victorian Seaport are of Port Townsend, my home town. Gosh, it makes me homesick to see your beautiful pictures of all the familiar places. I haven't been back since last Sept. I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Susie Q said...

Looks like you cut off the building "head" as well as human heads. Pretty town and love that you got away for a visit.