Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Country Homecomings

Anna, Sandy (no blog – but should have one) and I saw this quilt and we all liked it and decided to challenge ourselves to get one block done every month.  If we have each other to be accountable to, then maybe we will complete it and not have another UFO laying around.  
100_5770
It’s from this book (which I think is now out of print).  
100_5771
But, if you have the book or can find it on eBay,Amazon or etsy, we’d love to have you join us.  
We think we were all drawn to the quilt because of the homespun fabrics, so all of ours will resemble the original.   Our plan is to have a new block completed by the 2nd Tuesday of the month and I will blog on Wednesday.  So, let me know if you’d like to play along with us and we can do some “linkys”.
100_5757
100_5754
100_5755
When you’re piecing with homespuns, you’ll find that the plaids often don’t match.   My Mom taught me how to sew and that was always a “no no”.   The plaids on the upper part of the front of the house were screaming at me because they didn’t match up at all, so my house has an added round window.    Hehe.
Hugs, Anne

15 comments:

Jeanette said...

I already made this quilt. They had the book in the library, I think is how I got the pattern. I was able to get a kit somewhere, too, which was a fun way to get more homespuns. Anyway, it's hanging on my wall and is one of my favorite quilts! Have fun making it.

Talin's Corner said...

It's always nice to challenge each other. Have fun making these blocks together.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a book I would love! Dang..wish I owned it.

Gayle said...

They're going to be wonderful! Can't wait to see the new pictures you'll share each month!

Anonymous said...

Agggh! I have that book! I would love to join, but I have so much on my plate right now. I will cheer you on from the sideline :o)

Jenny M said...

It sounds like a great way to share the creative journey. I look forward to seeing your blocks each month.

Karen said...

This is going to be fun to see your different blocks. Hey I even have that book and I remember the cute things in there. Hmmmm need to go look for it. Great job all 3 of you.

bea rico said...

Precioso!!!
Un abrazo desde España
Bea Rico

Lori said...

Love the houses and staying accountable is fun and a good way to follow through!!

Anna said...

hummm, the plaid didn't bug me until you mentioned it! lol

paulette said...

I have wanted to make this quilt since I bought this book...well over 10 years ago!! Yup...count me in...I'm getting out my homespuns before I get distracted!! YIPPEE!! Thanks for the push!
P

Carol said...

Oh I love those houses...that is a wonderful book. I'll be cheering you on...wish I could play along, but just have too much going on right now.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

I have the book, I enjoyed their quilt shop too. I love all your blocks, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned.
I'd join along but I know I would be dreaming!! love that quilt.

Jocelyn said...

Wow Anne I love this quilt!! And what a great way to use up Homespuns. Now to find the book :-(

Quilting by the Lake said...

So happy to see you posting pictures of this quilt. I will be watching!!! I have this book too and maybe even a kit tucked away, somewhere... off to look for it. Thanks!!!!