Monday, September 9, 2013

Aunt Maggie and some mats

Way back when, like in the Spring, when I was blogging, I was showing you pictures of blocks that Sandy No Blog and I were doing as a challenge.  The pattern is Aunt Maggie's Patchwork Quilt by Lori Smith of "From my Heart to your Hands".  

When I plugged my sewing machine in after the long hiatus, Sandy and I decided to power sew and get 'er finished.   We both used fabrics that were in our stash.  It sure feels good to do that.

Here is Sandy's.


This one is mine.   


We started our next challenge around the same time as when we were putting the quilt together.   We are making the "By thy Hand" little quilts by Buttermilk Basin.  

Sandy changed the design of the wool section to add wheat.   


I chose to do mine just like the pattern.   


This is the August mat and I have mine sitting on my library table with a little candle on it.  


I never heard back from Peggy about her win last week, and she was a "no reply" commenter, so I have no way to contact her.  Therefore, I've chosen another winner.    This time it's Hannah F who posted on Sept 7 at 11:24 am.     Hannah, email me your address and I'll send you your goodies.  

Wow, this was a short post for me!  

Have a great week and I'll talk to ya soon.

Hugs, Anne

20 comments:

Lori said...

Love both of your quilts an the setting!! I like the homespun you chose for your border on the little quilt.

Jacqueline said...

It is always fun to see a quilt in different fabrics, side by side.

Thanks for sharing

WoolenSails said...

They are both beautiful quilts and I love the candle mat, nice idea of gift giving.

Debbie

Janet O. said...

What great quilts. Always fun to see different versions of the same pattern.
Love the little quilts. The wheat is a nice variation.

Karen said...

I like the setting for the Lori Smith quilt design. Lori has so many very good patterns.

Anonymous said...

Drooling here...always good!!!!

Jeanna said...

Wow Anne, you and Sandy do great work in your challenges. I'm glad we do not have to choose favorites because I always like both rojects.

Wendy said...

I love your new quilt and little table topper as well. Fall is just around the corner.

Carol said...

Anne your Aunt Maggi's is awesome! Power sewing with a friend is the best sewing! Love the mats! Busy girl!

antique quilter said...

love the quilts, its fun sewing with a friend, keeps you going. The candle mats are adorable, great patterns.
I can see using them to decorate the house .
Isn't it great to have a finish?
Kathie

Yvette said...

Both versions of both projects look great! I love seeing the same pattern made by different people.

Darlene D said...

Beautiful quilts!

Me and My Stitches said...

Love your quilts. Have you decided how you are going to quilt your Lori Smith quilt? I made one too and am currently hand quilting it (very sloooooowwwwlllyyyy!).

Saima Shaikh said...

it's beautiful! Such a simple design but so effective..

cotton yarn from Pakistan

cotton carded yarn exporter in Pakistan

Candace said...

Great versions, both of you! That must have been one heck of a power sewing session! Wish our weather would cool down so it felt more like fall coming ;>) I so want to get my fall decorations out!
Cheers!

Cathy said...

Love all the projects you and your friend are working on. Just beautiful. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilts!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Love your quilts!

Cho co said...

However, weft knitting involves multiple yarn strands and is commonly done by machine as part of commercial knitting. super soft garn