Wednesday, October 5, 2016

September show and tell

I know, I know...I'm late.  This time I have a really good excuse tho.   My computer caught a virus and had to go see the Dr for 3 days.   Then I had to get all the pictures loaded onto the computer and edited.   Since there wasn't much show and tell last month, there are quite a few pictures this time. I think I'm going to break it up into two separate posts.  

Before I begin, I wanted to let those of you who don't know, about a little Fall Decorating Tour I'm participating in on Instagram.    If you want to see some fun pictures that Karen, Sandy, Patty, Tammy and I are sharing, then follow one of us on Instagram and that one will link you to the others.    I'm @cottonsnwool, Karen is @yellowfarmhouse, Sandy is @sfeigner, Patty is @myrty50 and Tammy is @basketnut1.    On Sept 23, we started showing our houses all decorated for fall and will continue every evening until Oct 11th.   Then we'll take a break for a couple of weeks and come back at the end of Oct with some Halloween decorating.    Hope to see you on Instagram.  

Now, on with Part 1 of show and tell.

First up is a pillow that Marilyn made.  She borrowed my Indygo Junction pattern for July and made 2 pillows for her daughter and son in law who live in Boston and love to sail.  


Mari made this quilt top but I don't remember the name of the pattern.  Sorry. 


She also whipped up this goodie from Crabapple Hill Designs.


Jean continues working on her wool Summertime Sampler blocks. 
Looks like these little fishies need some eyes!


The rest are all projects that Sandy finished up.  

This one is called Country Homecoming from the book called Primitive Gatherings 
by Terry Burkhart and Rozan Meacham  
A few years ago I had a quilt-a-long on my blog for anyone who wanted to work on this one.  
It was really fun to see all the different versions.  
Sandy participated but just finished quilting hers.   


This cute little kitty is called "Hocus the Halloween Cat by Briar Root Primitives


These next little pillow bowl fillers are from Cheri of Quilts by Cheri



And this one is a quilt block from Wooden Spool Designs called "Happy Halloween"
There are 12 blocks on the quilt but Sandy wanted to make a little pillow instead. 


This little pillow was a freebie from Buttermilk Basin this summer.


And continuing on with the monthly series from Sarah Spoorer of Indygo Junction, 
here is Sept



and June.   
I think Sandy is now finished with all 12.   


This cute patriotic quilt is called "Crossroads" from the book, Civil War Remembered. 


We can't get enough of the quilts by Cheri of Quilts by Cheri
Cheri just shared this pattern on her Facebook Group. 
It's called "Turkey Tracks".  

This little one is on the same pattern.   


There were so many finished projects that I'm breaking this up into 2 posts.   
See you tomorrow. 

Hugs, Anne

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I am enjoying following on instagram. You all are so productive

Michelle said...

I am enjoying following on instagram. You all are so productive

Anna said...

I love show 'n tell day!!! lots of quilts checked off the list...I loved Marilyn's pillow :)

Joan said...

Sew fun to see all the projects! Beautiful work! Lovely to hear from you again! Thank you bunches!

Wendy said...

I'm so inspired by your sharing on instagram. My list had definitely grown. The house quilt is fantastic. As is everything shown here.

Karen said...

I can't imagine whipping up that Crabapple Hill design. Must have taken a good bit of time to do the stitching.
As always, I drool at all the projects you and your friends have been working on. Wish I lived near you.

Lori said...

Hocus the cat is so cute!